Skip to main content

Game-Based Learning

One great way to incorporate technology in the classroom is through game based learning. I love incorporating game based learning into my classroom. It helps to bring a somewhat boring topic to life for the kids. It also helps to cement the ideas into their heads.

One site that has a TON of online resources and that is iCivics.org. They have webquests and games. The past two yeas I have used the "Do I have the Right?" game when we talked about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.


The students seem to really get involved in this game and it really helps them to understand the differences between the Bill of Rights amendments. There is also strategy involved and situations they must figure out.

What is also nice about iCivics.org is they include lesson plans to go and some extension packs to go along with the games. It makes it nice for a newer teacher or one who is not sure how to incorporate the game into the classroom and ensuring the students are learning.

If you're ever teaching about the Bill of Rights I highly recommend adding this game into your lesson plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Welcome to Technology and Civics! I started this blog to share resources that I have created and continue to create to supplement our Civics/Social Studies curriculum as well as different ways to incorporate technology in the Civics/Social Studies Curriculum. I'm a 7th grade civics teacher in Florida. This is my 10th year teaching. I started out teaching 4th grade, then switched to 7th grade science, then 6-8th grade Social Studies and finally landed in 7th grade Civics. I create a lot of materials to supplement my classroom. I love sharing those materials. I've always been a big believer in sharing resources, no one should have to re-invent the wheel. :) Please stop by and say hello!!!!